The New Zealand LPFM Radio Station Network
[ NZ Low Power FM Community Open Source Knowledge Base ]

Home Page | New Zealand Low Power FM Radio Station Database | Add Radio Station | Discussion Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Software
 New Zealand Low Power FM Radio Broadcasting Forums : Software
Subject Topic: Radio dj; Automation software. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
secoff

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 26 January 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote secoff

have been testing this software for a few months. and i would say its brilliant. Best of its free to use with no restrictions.

http://www.radiodj.ro/

RadioDJ can be used freely without any restriction for personal and professional use.

Short list of features:

• 24/7 full automation for your station;
  • Compatible audio formats: mp3, wav, wma, aac, flac, ac3;
  • Custom song and jingle rotations wich can be loaded and saved anytime;
  • Auto-DJ function, based on category and subcategory rotation;
  • Unlimited categories and subcategories for your music, jingles, sweepers etc;
  • Unobstructive cue points for any track (start, intro, preview in, preview out, outro and end);
  • Automatically overlap sweepers over intro;
  • Advanced scheduler for events (radio shows, advertisements etc);
  • Integrated advanced search, by artist, title, category, subcategory and genre;

Back to Top View secoff's Profile Search for other posts by secoff

Keith Moala

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged Quote Keith Moala

Hi everyone,

I am a member of LPFM NZ Society and running a LPFM radio station in Auckland. I am looking for some basic software for FM compressor/limiter. Does anyone has any suggestion?

Many thanks
Keith Moala (moala_k@xtra.co.nz)

RadioTech
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote RadioTech

Hi Keith,

Thanks for joining the forum and welcome!

There is really nothing 'basic' out there in terms of software for FM compression and limiting.
Limiting of an FM broadcast signal is not a simple process - it's not the same as simple limiting of the audio because it has to be done in such a way as to not interfere with the pre-emphasis.

However, simple audio limiting is better than NO limiting at all, but you do need a peak limiter as opposed to a standard audio limiter.
One of those will catch most peaks and keep your signal reasonably under control.

I am not a fan of software processing at all, although the Breakaway system is pretty good - but it's in a league of its own.

The best solution is a hardware limiter - the Aphex 722 or 723 is designed specifically for broadcast use and incorporates pre-emphasis.

There are other peak limiters on the market but they are not broadcast-specific, although will do the job to a degree and as mentioned above, are better than no limiting at all - which will invariably result in a visit from the Radio Inspector.

For what it's worth, NRG kits used to produce a very good compressor/limiter kit that worked very well. The company was sold and the new owners don't seem to be producing anything at the moment, so finding one is not easy.

Back to Top View RadioTech's Profile Search for other posts by RadioTech

Fozzie

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote Fozzie

Hi there

I am using one called Stereo Tool which is working fine. I use the simple station preset which gives me a constant stream of music although thre is a small sound difference when the limiter cuts in. I have tried to configure this software but I am not sure what everything does hence the preset option.

I am using Radio Boss software and tried the Tomass limiter but didnt like the interface.

Please note that both of the limiters above are plug ins and can be used for winamp but are untried on other software.

Cheers

Peter

Back to Top View Fozzie's Profile Search for other posts by Fozzie Visit Fozzie's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version